Saturday, December 4, 2010

Be Still

Suprisingly, It has been a year since my last post. As if I do not have any time to update what is going on in our crazy life... I don't!! We are always doing something. Until tonight. I am feeling awfully sick, cozied up on the couch in my comfy sweatshirt, drinking a cup of coffee (that my amazing husband prepared for me).

I love every second that I am able to spend with my beautiful girls, but I look forward to the hour that I am able to sit down, prop up my feet and call it a day. It's funny... even if we had more time in the day, I think I would still feel rushed and overwhelmed. I need to learn how to relax. I love to be on the go, and I have seen that I have taught Tristyn that if we are not out of the house then we are obviously not doing anything fun. I really want to change that. When we wake up in the morning and when we go to bed at night the first words out of her mouth are what are we doing today?, or what are we doing tomorrow? Just once I want to say, absolutely nothing!!!!! I know that would not go over to well.

The Lord tells us "don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today." Matthew 6:25. "Be still, and know that I am God..."Psalm 46:10.
I guess the truth is that I LOVE BEING BUSY!!!! I do not like to be lazy. I love to be productive with my day. Get up, work out (when I can), get ready, get the girls ready and move'm out.

It is time to be still. Time to slow down. I need to Take a much-needed break to reflect on God and His greatness, His love and His power. My relationship with the Lord and my family is so worth being 'lazy' once in a while.


















No comments: