Monday, September 15, 2008

Playground fun!

First, I thought I would share something that happened this weekend. Friday night, John and I went to TJ Max, and I saw the comforter that I had been wanting for a while now. There was only 1 King size left. It was such a great price, but we still could not afford it. John decided that he would work on Saturday, so that he could bring in some extra money, so that I could get it. He knew how badly I wanted it! Well, on Sunday, after Church, John called me while I was out with my mom, and told me that he felt that God was laying it on his heart to give the money as an offering to the Church. I sat there for a minute, without saying anything, and started to cry. Not because I wasn't getting the comforter, but because I saw the work that God was doing in my husbands life and our life as a family. I didn't hesitate to agree with him. Of course I wanted the comforter, but I wanted to honor God even more with our money, and that is what mattered most! I know that God will honor that.


This is the comforter set. Isn't it gorgeous! But, God may have something better picked out. We'll see!

We went to the playground today and had a blast. Exept for the fact that I brought along the dog and he decided to bark at everyone that walked by. That is so embarrassing! I was so ready to leave, but tristyn was having so much fun! I love it when she is happy. She scares me on the playground, because she thinks she can jump off of everything and she even tries to cross the monkey bars! Here is some pictures of our fun day!





3 comments:

Natalie Ruta said...

steph that is sooooooooo cool about your comforter... even though it meant that you dont have it... I am sooo excited to see how God will use the absence of a new bed set in your life~!! I cant wait to see you again I think there are so many things you can share with me!! LOVE YOU

-Jenny said...

The comforter set is beautifu; It is th same blue color and design as mine, but mine doesn't have the extra brown on.

LaRae Davenport said...

I know we dont know each other, but I'm a friend of Natalie Ruta's---but I came across your blog and started reading! Very cool about the comforter, way to sacrifice! Where is the comforter from?